Saturday 13 March 2010

Impatience and solutions

Ok, remap look very cool and will hopefully bear some fruit but yesterday I was having a look at the Disabled Parents Network equipment list and ended up finding something called a comfort carrier which is basically a papousse for babies from 3 months up to 2 years. Check it out here http://www.babybjorn.com/en-gb/Eng/products/Mobility/BABYBJORN-Comfort-Carrier/ The nearest stockist to us is JoJoMamanBebe in Hale who have ordered one in for me which should be in at the end of next week. I had to pay for it upfront and at £130 it's not cheap but I explained my situation and they said I could try it and if it's not right they'll refund me straight away. Let's just hope Amelie's not sick in it when we try it out! Maybe I should create a new career in reviewing disability aimed independence products with a heavy slant on parenting and cooking aids.

I know as Amelie gets bigger she'll be moving around more and more and probably want to be strapped in less and less but I figure we can use it as an alternative to a pushchair when we need it. Trial and error is an expensive business, especially as a disabled person buying products to help increase independence but I figure as long as it's not extortionate it's worth buying in the vein hope that it really will help in just the way I need. Am hoping my optimism will pay off in spades :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment