Saturday 17 April 2010

Frustration

Is hard going at the moment. We're both really tired and I feel like my tiredness is just going to go from bad to worse. We don't even seem able to manage to plan a night out, let alone sort out the 2 week holiday we were meant to be sorting out for end of June. We have also discovered that Amelie has a temper and is starting with proper tantrums already hence spending some of last night reading up on various behavioural strategies. Sometimes, like currently, I wonder whether I'm going to be any good at this or whether sheer exhaustion and frustration is going to get the better of me and I'll end up in floods of tears on Supernanny with a screaming, uncontrollable toddler. MY screaming uncontrollable toddler. Then I'll just want to shoot myself. Need to find more energy from somewhere. Quick.

1 comment:

  1. You will find the energy even if you think you won't. It's kind of something you grow into...and the under-one tantrums don't really count - wait until she starts properly hitting the floor with her whole body or head-butting it or biting her hands in frustration...it's all only a phase and wait until she says 'Mummy, I love you' for the first time - it makes it all worth it! Chin up.

    ReplyDelete