Friday 12 March 2010

Friday feeling

Looking forward to the end of the day so we can spend some time with Scruff. Been a successful week but will be nice to have him home for a couple of days. Drive still being done, nice workers have said they can make me a makeshift ramp if needs be. We can just about manage to get in and out without it for the weekend.

Mother's day on Sunday. Is a very special first for me. Becoming a mother makes you realise that it is important for a lot of people that these things don't just go by unnoticed, even if Scruff does think such events were invented by Hallmark to boost sales between two more significant dates in the calendar, such as Valentine's day and Easter.

Have also written to a charity called Remap who are a bunch of very clever engineers who design one off equipment for disabled people, the type of stuff not to be found on the market. I've put in a request for them to make me something that fits to my chair that I can use to take Amelie out in and that is more comfortable than a sling. Let's see if they get back to me. Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

  1. The charity looks cool! And it seems as though they have already designed a kind of child seat for an electric wheelchair. Hope you are in luck. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete