Saturday 6 March 2010

Nights

At the moment I need all the sleep I can get. Being a mother is strange at times. You spend a lot of time in the very early days wishing your child would have proper periods of sleep lasting 4-5 hours at night and more. We don't have a clock in our bedroom so when I wake up in the middle of the night, I never know what time it is. Last night I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep for ages because amelie was so quiet and I got really
anxious and worried as I couldn't hear her. I had to wake
Scruff up because I was so worried but he just went straight back to sleep (I can't blame him, it's not like he hasn't waited long enough for her to start sleeping better!) It's the little things like that that remind me what a pain it is being paralyzed. Most mums would just be able to get out of bed and peek round the door, consider their neurosis and then just come back to bed and drift off. Must remind husband to bring baby monitor up tonight so I can see her on camera if I need to be reassured.


No comments:

Post a Comment