Thursday 25 February 2010

Getting sorted

Good things about today.....my front door has now been sorted out so it opens automatically. Hurrah. First time in years I can get in and out my front door totally independently and I can let visitors in and out. Also good is that we have discovered that although not absolutely brilliantly, I can actually use the sling with Amelie so she can sit almost on my knee and I can cart her about like that so she can be with me instead of having someone else push a pushchair with my baby in it that I can't use. Also the engineers phoned about my van to tell us they can build me a clamping system next week which means as soon as they've done it, I can use my manual chair to drive from and my electric chair will be no longer vital to my life. Another thing is that the playpen I'd ordered from e-bay came today and although not brilliantly assembled yet, she seems really happy to be in it and it will work well with height and playing/interaction. So we are really getting there with independence/freedom aspect. Fab. So then at a time when independence is being achieved in leaps and bounds, do I have to feel bored?

2 comments:

  1. Being a Mum of a small baby can be so utterly mind-numbingly boring. It doesn't detract from our love for them but that's how it is. Toddlers, on the other hand, are just exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the increased independence it's wonderful isn't it?
    I don't know, but I have a similar problem, I have so much to do but yet manage to feel bored, or actually it could be a feeling of being utterly overwhelmed appearing as boredom?

    ReplyDelete